Series-ER: Electric-range hybrid
Zero-emission travel where and when you need it
Electric without the worry
Using the same components from our Series-E hybrid-electric system, we have developed Series-ER to extend the electric travel time and distance without the worry of charging, without investing in non-standardized charging infrastructure, without taking power off the grid, and without decreasing the number of passengers on board when adding extra battery packs.
Series-ER is more electric and practical
- Series-E with a larger battery
- Same proven drive components
- Up to 35% daily EV miles
- No range challenges – no charging infrastructure required
- Operationally adaptable
- One step closer to fully electric
Electric drive modes
Series-ER extends the electric driving range and provides electric operating modes such as:
- Extended EV range: Driving on all-electric power in no- or low-emission areas can be programmed according to each transit agency’s specifications, to shut the engine off in a tunnel or other preferred areas.
- Electric accessories: Our Accessory Power System options can power all conventional electric loads, such as cooling fans and pumps, plus all hybrid cooling systems.
- Stop/start technology: With bus accessories powered by the Accessory Power Systems (APS), the engine can be shut off at stops to prevent idling and emissions. Our stop/start function can be programmed with a global positioning system to automatically shut down the engine at specified locations.
- Depot drive: The engine can be shut down in specified locations to allow for electric drive mode in low- and no-emission areas, when traveling < 500 yards.
Our series hybrid system
- No mechanical link between the diesel engine and the axle
- All power comes from the electric motor
- Power flows in series from engine to generator to traction motor
- Adaptable to all electric
- 35' - 40' North American buses; 12 - 18m European buses
- 60' articulated buses
- Double deck buses