REAL (reduced engine accessory loads) for diesel and CNG powered transit buses and motor coaches
We are powering electric accessories on 4,000 hybrid and electric vehicles today but now diesel and CNG powered buses can realize the benefits with a simple, proven system.
How it works
Our belt-driven, high-voltage permanent magnet generator replaces a dedicated A/C compressor and 28V hi-current alternator, and our APS (accessory power system) provides the power conversion and management to support all the accessory loads (including 208V and 230 Vac).
- Cleaner engine compartment: only a single accessory belt-drive is needed for the high-voltage generator
- A single, compact electronics unit integrates all power management functionality and supplies power for all vehicle accessories
- Reduces scheduled and unscheduled maintenance costs
- Reduces external noise, emissions, and improves internal noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) for riding passengers
- Improves fuel efficiency
- Eliminates hydraulic oil in the engine compartment and the associated fire potential